Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Dog's Life...So far a great read!




This blog is a great place to post about our books and get great ideas of what we want to read. But to get a better idea of what a book is about, you need to include why you chose the book, any images you see as you read, connections you make, predictions, and any other related topic.

Today I started reading a new book, A Dog's Life by Ann M. Martin. Tiffany in my second block class lent it to me when I noticed the book on her desk. The dog on the cover looks just like my beloved Riley, who died last year. I still miss him, and I know Katie does, too.

The story is narrated by a stray dog, who lives with her brother, Bone. She and Bone were born in a shed behind a family's summer house, and one day their mother went out and never came back. She and Bone learn to live secretly on the property and get their food from the garbage dump. It's really pretty sad so far. The narrator says,"I do not understand emotions very well. I know what fear feels like, and I have been afraid many times. But I am less clear about words such as joy, happiness, sadness, and anger."

I am already hooked. I hope, of course, that they find a nice family to live with. I imagine that she (the narrator) may have many adventures in her quest to find a home.

I hope you will post about your books, and include a more in depth look at the characters and how you feel about them and about the storyline.http://trinityw22.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/dogslife.jpg


Stay tuned. Keep reading and keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment